Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oven Cleaner

My preferred method of cleaning my oven consists of two steps
1) push that magical button that says self cleaning
2) 24 hours later wipe up the left over ashes

 You can see it's pretty difficult and time consuming for me *insert serious sarcasm*

But I read on the Internet (so it must be true) that using the self cleaning option takes years off your oven.  Years off my oven?  Does that mean it will turn into a wood burning stove? ba dum bum

So I thought I would try a new cleaning method and hoped it wouldn't require to much effort

Non-Toxic Homemade Oven Cleaner
  • 1 Tbsp borax
  • 1/2 c. vinegar
  • 1/8 c. dish soap
  • 1 c. boiling water
Combine everything in a spray bottle and shake well.  Sprinkle the inside of your oven with baking soda. Spray a thick layer of the oven cleaner all around your oven. Thick, thick layer. Sprinkle with baking soda. Leave overnight, and scrub out in the morning with a hot, wet rag.

 A word to the wise..... or the not thinking clearly.  Boiling water melts plastic, don't pour boiling water into a plastic spray bottle, unless you want to throw that bottle away and spend the next 10 minutes digging through every cupboard in your house trying to find a new one.

Eventually I had my ingredients and I had my messy oven


I sprinkled on the baking soda then I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed some more.  It bubbled a little bit, but that was to be expected. 

 I poured some more baking soda on top of the liquid, shut the oven door and crawled into bed. 


The next morning I grabbed a rag, soaked it with hot water and started to scrub.

The Verdict: Wow! Look at that shine spot.  My rag got a little bit dirty, that was it.  Pretty disappointing.  Oh well, time to use my magical self cleaning button.





9 comments:

  1. The first step to a clean kitchen appliance is interference. attempt inserting casserole dishes on cookie sheets whereas baking to stay sauces from spilling over onto kitchen appliance surfaces. you may additionally line all-time low of your kitchen appliance with foil if you are cookery a dish that is probably to form a large number. take in any minor spills instantly to stay them from hardening into a large number that is harder to scrub.

    oven cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditional way of cleaning ovens made it very hard considering the size of commercial ovens. Not only its size but it is also the stubborn stains that get baked on. Commercial stainless steel ovens usually operate at intense temperatures for hours and anything that spills generally sticks.


    Oven Cleaning brisbane | Oven Cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is the cardiovascular system connected with almost any household. Persons, in most cases, prepare yourself food in home. This kind of room is actually for various purposes. The use is not tied to cooking food merely.
    Oven Cleaners brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the old borax mix. This is one thing I still use myself from time to time. Especially for use in oven cleaner mixes.

    You used it with excellent effect. Well done, Jannie.

    All the best,
    Oven Cleaner Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rely only on myself when I have to clean. My husband tries to help me sometimes but I tell him not to because I don't go to work and he works hard. I can't make him help at home too. Besides sometimes it's better when a job is done by one person - it's more coordinated. I hate the oven (only when I need to clean it). It makes me sweat but the result is always satisfying. What I'm trying to say is I get your pain and I will definitely try cleaning it your way. Seems easier than mine ( baking soda and hard work at the most ) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a wonderful blog!!! which has useful and informative stuffs, Thanks for sharing.
    clean carpet Melbourne
    couch dry cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concerning how regularly you should clean your stove, Poepping suggests like clockwork, however this will shift contingent upon how frequently you utilize your broiler. And keeping in mind that oneself cleaning capacity can be an incredible "convenient solution" cleaning elective, she notes, "You should in any case plan to profound clean your broiler routinely! Consider it to a lesser extent an errand, and even more a conservation of your machine. You probably spent a great deal of cash on your broiler, is there any valid reason why it shouldn't be all around dealt with?" You can end of tenancy oven cleaning service with our experts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the event that you own a self-cleaning broiler, you can run the auto-clean setting sporadically to keep your stove clean. This setting utilizes an amazingly high temperature to consume the broiler clean (you clear the leftover remains out when the stove cools). Auto-clean turns out great, yet it makes my stove glass look significantly dirtier, requires hours to finish, and makes the kitchen HOT and rancid. We have the best oven cleaners in the area.

    ReplyDelete