Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bathtub Paint

I was looking at old blog posts and I realized that I have introduced my sisters through various posts but I have neglected my brother.  

He is also a fan of DIY projects, but his aren't exactly every day practical things.  Let me explain through a video.


What does this have to do with bathtub paint?  Absolutely nothing!  I just think it's hilarious that a successful business man and father of 4 has a DIY bungee jump in the middle of his living room. Did you notice the girl sitting on the crash pad acting as though someone flying above her head is a very normal thing?  That would be my very patient sister in law.

Bathtub Paint
You Will Need:
1 Tbsp cornstarch
4-6 pumps baby shampoo (about 1/8 cup)
2-3 drops of food coloring
1-2 tsp water

Directions: 
Mix all the ingredients together until you get the consistency you like.

I'm going to cut right to the chase
The Verdict: This stuff is great. The kids love it and have requested it many times.  It's very quick and easy to put together and you really don't have to measure the ingredients.  Just start putting it together until you find a consistency you like. 






Eventually it starts to dry out and the kids can no longer paint with it.  But they get about 30 minutes of painting time before that happens.  When they are done, I grab the shower head and blast the paint with water. It comes right off.  If the paint is really dry then I have to scrub a tiny bit, but mostly it just washes away by itself. 



The first time we did it I was worried about the paint staining the grout.  I took a few dark colors and rubbed them into the grout as hard as I could.  I then left it there the whole time the kids were playing.  The blue left a very light stain on one spot, but it faded within a few days. 

So if you don't have a bungee jump of your own, then this is a great rainy day activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment