Sunday, June 9, 2013

Coconut Oil Moisture Treatment

Ok folks, I am doing another short and sweet post today.  I have a two year old on my lap that refuses to leave my side today and a 4 year old that wants me to see every new addition he adds to his Lego house and I'm not feeling to hot. So here we go

Coconut Oil Moisture Treatment 
You Will Need:
Coconut oil
Hair clip
Shower clip
Blow dryer (optional)

Directions:
Flip your head upside down and rub the oil into your hair, saturating it completely. Once your hair is soaked with oil, twist your hair into a bun or ponytail. You can clip it in place by grabbing some hair from your scalp and part of the bun, or use a hair tie to keep it in place.  Cover your hair with a shower cap. You can choose to apply heat or not. Applying heat will open the cuticle of each strand so the coconut oil can penetrate the core faster. Leave the coconut oil on your hair for at least 30 minutes without heat, or 15 minutes with heat. You can use a hair dryer to apply heat over the shower cap.  Once your time is up wash and condition your hair as you normally would. You may need to wash your hair twice to rinse away all of the oil.

 Even though my hair is short, it's abnormally thick so I ended up using twice this amount.
 I rubbed it in all over until my hair was one big grease ball. Several drops escaped and fell so you might want to do this over a bathtub or towel.

 I pulled it up into a bun, threw on a shower cap and went about my business.  I left it on for 45 min while my son and I had a rip roaring good time playing Chutes and Ladders. 
 The Verdict: I washed my hair twice then styled it like usual.  I was amazed at how soft it was.  I couldn't keep my hands away from my hair.  BUT, it wasn't a "wow my hair is so healthy" kind of soft, it was more of a "I have coconut oil residue in my hair" soft.  When I washed my hair again it felt the same as it always does. 

So even though my hair felt great, I would say this is a bust since the softness only lasted through one wash.  Although, I may try it again and use the blow dryer next time.  Using heat could make a big difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment