Monday, September 16, 2013

Single Serving Cookie

Cookies are yummy!

Ok that's a good enough intro. 

Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
 You Will Need:
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. chocolate chips

Directions:
In a bowl, ix together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk.  Add in the flour and salt.  Mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips. Put the dough in a small microwavable bowl, ramekin, or coffee cup.  Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until the cookie looks done. 
Best served warm… Enjoy!

Being super lazy, I threw all the ingredients in, stirred them up and microwaved it.  That didn't work out so well.  It was really gross and had a very strange flaky texture.

So I tried again and this time actually followed the directions.  It took about 3 minutes start to finish, which was nice because I wanted that cookie now! Just call me Veruca Salt "don't care how, I want it now!"

At 40 seconds I pulled it out and the middle was still a bit undercooked.  Another 20 seconds did the trick (I forgot to take a picture of the final product oops)

The Verdict: The outside edges were very dry while the middle was a strange spongy texture.  That could have been due to the mug I used, but even if you find a way to cook it evenly, that won't help the nasty taste. 

I really don't know how to describe the taste other then it tasted like a cookie that was nuked in a microwave instead of slow cooked in an oven. 

Maybe if your seriously desperate for a cookie fix then this would work, but I'd rather just skip the cookie part and eat the chocolate chips instead of subjecting myself to another one of these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment