Sunday, March 10, 2013

Shower Cleaner In A Scrub Brush

If you are Pinterest person then I'm sure you have seen "the best shower/tub cleaner in the WORLD!!!!!"

And since everything on Pinterest has that same description, let me clarify. This is a shower cleaner that is half liquid soap and half vinegar.  You either spray it on about once a week or put it in a scrub brush and use it in your shower/tub every time you use it.

Like always, my curiosity set in and I had to try it.  The saying goes "curiosity killed the cat," but I think in my case it should be "curisity consumed the DIYer"  The amount of time I spend trying out new things really could be a full time job.

Like I said, there are two ways to do this, putting it in a spray bottle or into a scrub brush.  I chose the method of keeping it in a scrub brush.

Shower Cleaner
Supplies:
Dish scrubber with a sponge that you can fill with cleaner
Vinegar
Dish soap 


Directions:
Fill scrubber up half-way with dish soap followed by half-way with vinegar.  The vinegar-dish soap cleaner works great with 1:1 ratio,  allowing the vinegar to work it's magic and the sudsy soap to do it's best as well. When you're finished preparing the cleaner, simply wait until the next time you're in the shower and scrub down those walls and tub, toss or spray some water to rinse of the soap, and you're done until next time.  Keep this cleaner handy in your shower for quick cleanings that you have no reason to put off! 






Almost every Pin I have seen about this cleaning method recommends Blue Dawn as the liquid soap, especially if you are doing the spray bottle method. I couldn't find my Dawn, so I used whatever generic brand I had at the time. 

I easily found the sponge scrub brush with all the other dish scrubbers in the store and I filled it with my soap and vinegar. 


The Verdict: The fact that I have been using this for about 5 months now should tell you that it's a keeper.  I keep it hanging up in my shower and about every 3 days I use it.  I put shampoo in my hair, turn the water off, give the shower a quick wipe down, then continue with my shower.  It takes 30 seconds and my shower is always clean now. 

Back in September I did a post about a soft scrub I love because it got all the black gunk out of the grooves on the bottom of my shower.  As much as I love that soft scrub, it has been replaced.  If I use my sponge scrub brush on a regular basis, my shower floor never gets those black spots.  30 seconds of a wipe down every few days and my shower stays clean I LOVE it!!!!

One day I looked down in my shower and saw this beautiful spot of shower gunk build up.  Apparently I have been missing one corner every time I scrub the shower.

 So even though this cleaner is pretty fantastic, I wouldn't say it's the best ever. In my opinion, it's only the best ever cleaner when it can get up on it's own will and clean the shower for me while I sit and enjoy Hugh Jackman in Les Miserables


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as I do. Whoever came up with it is a genius.

      Delete
  2. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. showerredefined

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Handheld shower head

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. How to Get Mold Out of Fabric Shower Curtains

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks How to Clean a Shower Curtain without Taking It Down

    ReplyDelete